Thursday, December 11, 2014

The World Would Be a Better Place If...

"Open Your Eyes" designed by, Matthew R ©2014
  In the image above I created with Photoshop, it shows and projects a feeling of discontent with how we perceive our world and what we are doing to it. The planets observe and cry for their fellow being as it cries for help from a people and an industry that is killing it and destroying its beauty over time.
It depicts a cry for help, The world would be a better place if we respected our planet and strived for something other than industry and other materialistic items.
 
  I began working on this project by envisioning how I perceived the world and perhaps how the world could improve to in fact be a better place.  I swiped pictures from websites of planets and placed eyes of humans on them to create a picture of personification, then continued to place them in the scenario of witnessing a terrible act. I then began to incorporate more images to finish the project. With the brush tool i created two distinct clouds of smoke or pollution and wrote in the Hope and Help to signify the distance from one another and how we could reach one or the other.

I didn't follow anyones "Tutorial" for the project for I feel that it defeats the entire purpose of making something like a piece of art your own if you just, for example decided to paint starry night with a few extra stars in it and call it your own. My project may not be booming with brilliant creativity but its at least my own creativity. But if I had to choose an inspiration for the image I would have to say it was from this Tutorial http://design.tutsplus.com/articles/to-the-point-an-interview-with-ellinoora-laine--cms-22482  

No comments:

Post a Comment